Christoph Wachter & Mathias Jud
Christoph Wachter & Mathias Jud have been working together since 2000 on partizipatory community projects.
Their works have won awards at Ars Electronica, Transmediale, cultural ministery of the state of Saxony, state-recognized culture departement, Migros Kulturprozent, Kanton Zürich, Cynetart, EMARE, Werkleitz Gesellschaft. The works were internationally presented at museums such as: NCCA (Moskau, Russland), Willhelm-Hack Museum (Ludwigshafen), Shedhalle Zürich (Zürich), NGBK (Berlin), Batiment d’Art contemporaine (Genf, Schweiz), Kunsthaus Dresden (Dresden), Weisman Art Museum (Minneapolis, MN, USA), Manchester Art Gallery (Manchester, UK), Young Artist Biennale (Bukarest, Rumänien).
Presentations at media art festivals such as: ARS Electronica, Transmediale Berlin, FILE Sao Paulo & Rio de Janeiro, Cynetart Dresden, Videonale Osnabrück and Monitoring Kassel.
- Prix Ars electronica [the next idea] grant
- grant by the Edith-Russ-Haus for media art
New Nations (2009–2012)
HOTEL GELEM - Embedded Tourism - participating in precarious living condition (2011–2012, Community Projekt)
[o] picidae – Break through the Chinese Firewall (2007–ongoing)
- honorary mention (transmediale08, Berlin)
- sponsorship award of the cultural ministery of the state of Saxony (Cynet Art Festival, Dresden)
- Ars Electronica (honorary mention)
- Golden Cube (honorary mention)
- EMARE – European Media Artists in Residency Exchange (Werkleitz)
In 2015 Mathias Jud gave a Ted talk on common projects with Christoph Wachter with the titel Art that lets you talk back to NSA spies.